Saturday, October 22, 2005

New Blog

I'm starting this new Blog to show off my family and my new hobby of knitting. I'll be posting pictures and stories of my boys and of my knitting projects. I hope you enjoy it.

I just started knitting this past August. I just decided I wanted to learn how. Someone had taught me a little when I was about 10 years old, but I didn't remember how. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a book and taught myself. I picked it up pretty quickly, it seemed familiar. It's amazing how your brain can remember things.

My first project was a hat for Benjamin.


The seam was terrible and I didn't know what I was doing with the pom-pom. But not bad for a first attempt. The second hat looked just like this one, only I learned how to do the seam right. They are both messed up now thought because the boys left them on the floor and Amy (the dog) got a hold of them.

I decided next to be really ambitious and try a sweater. I bought a book of sweaters for beginners and set to work. It took about 3 weeks and looks great, but it is huge. I used larger needles because I used a different type of yarn. But the larger needles made it too stretchy. Oh well, knit and learn! It's nice and warm. I'll wear it around the house this winter.


Today I just finished a group of projects for my friend Lori and her kids Emma & Jackson. They will be moving soon, so I wanted to do something for them. Here's some pictures I took today. I will try to get pictures of them wearing them soon.

Emma's hat and scarf turned out well. I love the hat. I don't have a little girl to model it. I didn't think Jonathan would want to. It has a rolled brim and looks darling on.


Here is Benjamin wearing Jackson's hat. It's all done in a ribbing pattern.

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics