Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial weekend

We are flying our flag today, remembering those who gave their lives in service to our great country. Thanks to all those who have served and are serving today, especially our nephew Eddie!



We had a nice weekend. We had some friends over for dinner Saturday night. We grilled hotdogs and hamburgers. The dad has been Jonathan's soccer coach for the last 3 years. He and his wife have 5 kids! - twin boys Jonathan's age, a boy Benjamin's age and another set of twins boy and girl that are 2 years old. The are a great family and all the boys get along well and the little twins are adorable!

Greg originally had today off, but then was offered the chance to work. We decided the double pay today would help towards the expenses of our vacation. So he's at work. He'll be home at 3, then I think we'll go swimming. I've been dying to wear my new suit!

We leave for our vacation to Virginia in a week. We are going to visit Greg's family and attend his neice's wedding. We will also visit Busch Gardens and see the sights in D.C. We are flying this time. We went 4 years ago and drove - three long days in the car each way! The boys are excited to fly on an airplane this time. So this week will be spent getting ready... haircuts, shopping, laundry, packing...

As for my knitting...I'm about to finish up the last of 6 dishcloths I'm making for someone at church. She bought the yarn and asked if I would make them for her. Maybe now I need to teach her how to make her own! Tomorrow I'm going to get yarn for a baby blanket for a friend due in the fall. I wanted a project to take on our trip. I'm designing my own pattern for this one using the Bee Stitch and a crochet border. Here's a little practice swatch I made with leftover yarn. I didn't get the corners quite right, but I'll work on that. I won't be using these colors! I think I'm going to make the blanket in a cream color, then do the border in pink or blue.



Sandi - I borrowed your graphic, hope you don't mind. Thanks!

1 comment:

Sandi said...

No problem! Glad you had a great weekend! I guess I should update my blog here pretty soon! Sandi

 
Real Time Web Analytics