Thursday, August 23, 2007

Houston

We had such a great time on our trip to Houston. We stopped in Wichita Falls on the way to see my parents. We had dinner with my mom and then went to see my dad in the nursing home. (My dad has lived with a brain tumor for almost 12 years now.)


We got to my sister's Wednesday afternoon. Our friends Terrell and Kristen Welch and their 3 kids came for dinner that night. They were the youth and children's pastors at our church several years ago. They moved to Houston about 5 years ago. It was great to get to visit with them. Here they are.


Thursday night we went to Incredible Pizza, a pizza buffet/arcade. They had double your money on game cards, so the kids got to play lots of games. Friday we went to the Blue Bell ice cream factory in Brenham,TX for a tour. It was interesting, but the kids liked the ice cream at the end of the tour best! Here are all the cousins before the tour and Lauren, Benjamin, and Sarah enjoying their ice cream.
Here's a picture of my sister and me.

Saturday night we left the kids (so nice they are old enough now to do that!) and went out with Renee and Michael. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory (YUM!!!) and took a little boat tour at The Woodlands. Michael told us about some of the cases he's working on (he's an attorney). We had a really nice time.

We took the kids swimming Sunday afternoon. Sunday night Renee and I went out for ice cream. Monday we finally got to go to Schlitterbahn water park in Galveston. The weather wasn't cooperating before then, but it was worth the wait. I usually don't enjoy water parks that much, but this one was great. Then we drove all the way home Tuesday. It was a great visit. I love my sister and her family!

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics