Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Big Change?

I've already told a lot of people about this, but now I feel I can write about it here. We might be moving! We have lived in the same city since we married 17 1/2 years ago and thought for a long time we would always stay here. But things changed. Greg's whole family (parents, brother, and sister) has settled in Virginia. When we were out there last summer on vacation, we really started to feel pulled there. So after much prayer and talking we decided to start looking for opportunities (jobs in the FAA) out that way. A bid came out in November for a job at the tower (air traffic control) in Charlotte, NC. It's not as close as we originally wanted, but it would be about a 6 hour drive to where the family is-much closer than the 3 long days from here. And the more we researched Charlotte, the more we liked it. So Greg applied for the job. The bid closed the middle of December, but with the holidays nothing has happened since then - until this week. Greg has been in touch with the staff manager and is going out there to meet with him and the other managers week after next. So anyway, there's a possibilty we could be moving! I'm excited. I'm ready for a change. It's a good time for our family, before Zachary starts high school in the fall (yes, he will be going to school!). It hasn't been an easy process for me. I want to know now so I can plan my life! But God is teaching me patience and trust! He knows what is best for our family. Stay tuned for more information!

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics