Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Never too old to learn something new!

I am of the opinion that you are never too old (or to young) to learn something new. I taught myself to knit and crochet within the last 3 years. I taught my 70 something mother-in-law how to knit socks. I taught my 8 year old to knit (and purl only yesterday!)

I have now decided it is time to do something I've always wanted to do - learn to play the violin! I started looking at violins and learn to play violin books online a couple of months ago. Then yesterday I met a violin teacher. He teaches lessons at the same place and time that my boys are in band. Another mom (whose daughters take lessons from him) and I were talking to him and I just decided to ask him about lessons. He said he has no problem teaching adults and he had a space for me. He gave me his phone number and email. So today Greg and I went to rent a violin. We decided to rent first but I foresee purchasing one in the near future. I just emailed the teacher and I hope to start lessons on Monday. I am so excited! I play the flute and piano already and can read music. But a string instrument will be something completely different. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

2 comments:

The Reed Family said...

You go girl!

Kristen said...

I'm proud of you! I'm thinking of lessons too. Maybe cooking or first aid. They would come in handy at my house!
Kristen

 
Real Time Web Analytics