Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Updates

Knitting - I'm almost finished with the afghan I've been working on. It is gorgeous and everyone who sees it loves it. I've been carting it to band to work on while I'm waiting for the boys. But the think is huge! I'm on the last strip and then I'll add a border. Next up will be several more string bags. We will be taking these for gifts for the ladies that work at the center we'll be working at on the missions trip to the DR. We need 12. I have 5 that I didn't sell at the craft fair - so 7 more to go. But they are pretty easy and don't take long.

Violin - I had my second lesson this week. I still haven't put the bow to the strings yet, but I'm starting to learn to finger the notes and play songs pizzicato (plucking the strings). It's not easy but I'm having fun! Practice, practice, practice - my fingers are getting sore!

Family - The boys are doing great. They all have birthdays coming up. Zachary's is Sunday - he'll be 14! Benjamin's is next Wednesday - 6 years old already! Jonathan's in in March - he'll be 9.

Instead of parties and presents, we are taking a trip. We are leaving next Tuesday morning and driving to the Grand Canyon. Then Wednesday we are heading to California. We will have dinner with my grandmother, then go on to San Diego. We'll be visiting Legoland, Sea World, and the San Diego Zoo. The crowds won't be bad because it's early . That's the cool thing about homeschooling-we don't have to take our breaks when everyone else does. I just hope the weather cooperates!

Soccer practice starts tonight. Greg is still the assistant coach for Jonathan's team and Zachary will be refereeing again. Their first games are the weekend we are gone (planned the trip before I knew when they would be starting - oops!) Jonathan is especially glad to be playing again after the broken arm last fall.

I guess that's it for now. I'll post pictures of the trip and blanket when we get back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I"m so jealous. Wish we were taking that kind of trip! We went to Anaheim this past summer and it was awesome. My kids would really like to do the Grand Canyon sometime. We're heading to Pine Cove for Spring Break-I should let your sister know! P.S. It did my heart good to learn your family sponsors 3 girls through Compassion International!

The Reed Family said...

Have a great vacation. We are on Winter Break right now. It's nice for the boys.

 
Real Time Web Analytics