Friday, April 18, 2008

Fine Arts Festival today!

I am so excited today. Zachary is participating in the NM District Fine Arts Festival (through Assembly of God churches). I was an evaluator for this festival for years and couldn't wait for my kids to be old enough to be a part of it. Zachary participated 2 years ago and did good. This year he is in a human video (basically that's acting out a song) with 8 other kids from our church and is playing a saxophone solo. They had their last practice last night and I was in tears. Their human video is amazing and Zachary just blew me away with his solo. If they do well enough today, they go to 2nd round and perform again tomorrow morning. If they get high enough scores in 2nd round, they get to go to Nationals in Charlotte, NC in August.

I'll keep you posted and hopefully get video on here.

Six days until I leave for the Dominican Republic!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

How did they do? Oh, I wish I could have seen it. I always get a lump when I think about FA.

Btw, your comment today was so sweet, got me all choked up! It means so much that you read it.

We're going to see Beauty and the Beast tomorrow. Is your niece in it? Mine is.

 
Real Time Web Analytics