Thursday, August 28, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We're going to visit my parents this weekend. We haven't seen them in over a year and figured we'd better go while we had a chance. Both my sisters and their families will be there too, so it will be like a mini family reunion.

I think it's going to be hard seeing my dad. It always hard, but I think it will be even harder this time. My dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor almost 13 years ago and has been in a nursing home for the last 10 years or so. His ability to communicate is very limited, but he does know who we are and is glad to see us. He had a stroke a few weeks ago, so I'm not really sure what to expect this time. I'm glad Greg and my sisters will be there.

Yesterday, I video taped my boys playing their various instruments. I'm going to try to put together a DVD so we can show my parents. I might eventually try to get the videos up here too. I'll have cousin pictures for you next week.

Enjoy your long weekend!

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics