Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blog book

Look what came in the mail yesterday.


It's the first year and a half of my blog (2005-2006), in book form.

When I told the boys I was going to blog about my blog book, Zach said, "Now your blog book will be in your next blog book!"

They all enjoyed looking through the book and reading and remembering. And that's why I did it. For them.

I realized the other day why scrapbooking and blogging and having my blog printed is so important to me. My mother died when I was 8 years old. I have almost nothing written down to know who she was. I have some pictures and a few greeting cards and maybe a letter or two that she wrote. But that's it. I could talk to my grandma and my aunt, but it's not the same.

Through my scrapbooks and blog books, my boys and their wives (someday) and my grandchildren (hopefully lots of granddaughters!) will know who I was and how I lived and what (and who) I loved (no matter how long I happen to live).

If you are interested in printing your blog, here's where I did mine.

http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html

3 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Awesome!! I cannot wait to see it!!

Stefunkc said...

Oh Robin. I love this. I can't wait to do it for the same reasons. And I love you:)

The Wades said...

How did it turn out? I'd love to see pictures of the inside.

 
Real Time Web Analytics