Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our little trip. Part 1.

We took a little trip to Colorado Springs this week. My birthday present from Greg last month was tickets to the Michael W Smith/Steven Curtis Chapman United Tour concert.

First let me just assure all you dog lovers out there, our puppy was in good hands.

My dear friend Tina was left in charge of Kona and Amy.

Before the concert, we checked out downtown Colorado Springs. Benjamin had never seen a parking meter before.

You can see Pikes Peak in the background.
We had dinner here.


Apparently there are 2 of these where we live, but on the other side of town. So we'd never been. I was just hoping my picky kids would like their pizza.

Why does Zachary look like he's in pain? Is he hungry or is having your picture taken when you are 15 torture?

Anyway, they liked the pizza. It was gone before I could take a picture!

We arrived at the theater a little early. So we had time to pick Humpty-Dumpty's nose.


And buy a t-shirt. I don't think I've ever bought a concert t-shirt before. But this one I just had to have.

The boys were wondering if the concert would ever start.


I was just excited to be there!


Finally!
Let me just say this was the best concert I have ever been to. I loved every minute of it. Greg loved it. The boys loved it. They had to wait almost an hour for their favorite song - "Dive" by SCC. I wish I had a video of the 3 of them singing along.

By the end, I felt like I had been to church - with Michael W Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman! Wow!

Benjamin didn't quite make it until the end.



3 comments:

Our life is a bowl of Barry's said...

Glad you had such a nice time...and safe travels. See you soon!

The Wades said...

Precious sleeping picture at the end. So glad the concert was fun.

So nice of your friend to watch Kona.

Karen said...

How much fun! I love Michael W. Smith...would have really enjoyed that concert as well!

 
Real Time Web Analytics