Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Gifts

This was last year's Christmas present from my sister-in-law Doelyn (hi Doelyn!). When we were at her house for Christmas she gave me the quilt top with a promise to finish it soon. Well, life happened for them - a daughter's miscarriage, then another pregnancy (baby due in January!), back surgery for my brother-in-law and a very difficult recovery. So obviously my quilt was not high on the priority list.

However, when I visited last month, Doelyn presented me with the finished quilt. It is beautiful! Definitely worth the wait! Thank you so much Doelyn!

And here is my Christmas present for this year.

I've played the same flute since 7th grade. I bought it used for $125 that I saved up from babysitting. It is a great flute that plays beautifully. But now that I'm playing again and in a symphonic band I've been thinking about upgrading. I've been doing research on the internet and kind of knew what I wanted. Greg was willing to spend the bucks - after he paid off Zachary's saxophone.

Then yesterday I was at our local music store and decided to see what they had in stock. They had the same one I've been looking at - used - for several hundred dollars less than what I found on the internet. The store let me play it. Oh my, I fell in love. It has a beautiful tone.

So I texted Greg (who is out of town for the week) and told him I found my Christmas present. He said to go ahead and get it if it was what I wanted. Isn't he the greatest?! And now he's thrilled that he doesn't have to go shopping for me!

I'll be playing it Sunday night at the band's Christmas concert. Practicing hasn't been this much fun in a while.

Merry Christmas to me!

3 comments:

Stefunkc said...

Merry Christmas to you! I just love it when everything works out like that!

The Wades said...

I hope you two make beautiful music together!

Glad your sis-in-law's life has calmed down a bit. Sounds like they had a rough year.

Unknown said...

What a great gift... you totally deserve it.

Can you post some of your music? We would all love to hear it. And God bless your sister in law and her family.

Cynthia

 
Real Time Web Analytics