Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of School

We started school again today. Nobody was thrilled, but we'll all get the hang of it soon, and I'm glad to be back into a regular routine.

Jon (6th grade) and Ben (3rd grade) have a new school room: the dining room. We rearranged a little and I think it's going to work out just fine. The only time we ever eat in in the dining room is holidays anyway.

For this first week we are just doing language, math, and reading. We'll add history and science next week. I'm also having them do a journal/creative writing notebook this year. Here they are writing about their summer.

So serious!

Zach is starting his junior year - seriously, how is that possible?! He's much too cool to have a first day of school picture taken and would not cooperate. This is all I got!

The headset is for his Rosetta stone Spanish course. Oh and the desk IS clean - according to Zach. I have got to learn to chill about the messy room!

He will have a challenging year with chemistry and Algebra 2. Plus he'll be learning to handle a busy schedule. He's working the lunch shift at Chick-fil-A all week. So he'll be doing school before and after work. He says he can handle it, so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

The Wades said...

Too cool for a picture?? I rue the day when that happens here. Cracks me up how he isn't even looking.

I hope your school year goes very well.

Anonymous said...

I must have missed these...not sure how! Great first day of school pics! Yup - typical teenager there! :) MR

 
Real Time Web Analytics