Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Halloween

So yesterday was the holiday I dread most.  I'm just not a big fan of halloween.  I don't like spending money on costumes that get worn once.  I don't like my kids eating so much candy.  And I certainly don't like all the scary, ugly stuff that halloween entails.

But I was informed several weeks ago by my boys that we "have" to get a really cute costume for Emily.  So I listened!  I tried to get a Minnie Mouse costume on ebay (regular price at Disney Store $40 - I don't think so!)  That didn't work out, although I did manage to score a Transformer costume for Ben.  So off to Target we went.  I found an adorable Ladybug costume for $12!

So yesterday afternoon, I dressed Emily and the boys put on their costumes (and Jon went as a soccer ref, which is what he acually is every Saturday!)  We got some really cute photos.  Here's the only one I can show here.

We went for an early dinner at Chick-fil-A and visited Zach at work (he's working at a new family-friendly comic book store - he's paid in used comics for now, but he will probably be hired for real for the Christmas season).  Then we went to a Trunk-or-Treat at the church we used to attend.  Emily had a great time playing the little games and just loved that people kept giving her candy!  We got home just in time to start passing out candy to the trick-or-treaters.  Greg took the boys and Emily around our neighborhood.

So now we have too much candy.  And Emily now knows what candy is.  She loves smarties!



1 comment:

Kristal said...

We managed to skip it this year... darn LOL. But I did buy the kids some candy since one little one was pretty sad about it... but it wasn't the pounds they normal have!

 
Real Time Web Analytics