Monday, June 04, 2012

A new home?

Greg and I were in Virginia last week - Greg for work, me to find a house!  And I found one!


This one had been one of our favorites from looking on the internet.  We drove by it with Greg's parents the first night we were there.  I had tears from the moment we drove on the property.  I loved it even before I got to see the inisde.  The next day my sister-in-law Janice and I went with our realtor to look.  We saw 9 houses and this was the last one.  There were a couple of others that I liked, but I was waiting to just "know" when I walked in the door that this was home.

Then it happened again.  I had tears just driving onto the property.  I had tears when I walked in the front door.  I was home.

The house was built in 1998 (about the same time as ours here in NM), but it has been well cared for.  It has everything I was wanting - a front porch, a deck in the back (with a hot tub - bonus!), a finished basement and it is on 2 1/2 acres.

PART of the back yard!
We weren't sure if we wanted land or to be in neighborhood, but I just loved the feeling I got being out in the country with room to breath.  It is on a great lot, flat and cleared.  It will have a lot of mowing, but not much else.  There are 3 other homes on the road and fairly close, so we won't be too far from neighbors, but it will definitely be country living.  But country living with the city close - 10 minutes to Warrenton (and Wal-Mart) one way, 10 minutes to Gainesville (and Target) the other way. And Greg's commute - 2 1/2 miles!

The only think that would have to be done before we move in is put up a fence for the dogs.  There are some things we'd like to update (like the master bath and floors downstairs) but there's nothing we can't live with for now.

Oh and you'll never believe this - it already has my name on it!

The owner is also a Robin!

We'll be making an offer today!  But please keep praying.  We really need our house here to sell quickly!

We're moving in THREE weeks!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! Looks gorgeous! That really is crazy about another Robin living there and you just knowing. It's almost like this whole thing is meant to be, huh? ;)

Too awesome. Happy for you.

 
Real Time Web Analytics