Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Wow, it's 2007!!!

It finally stopped snowing about noon on Saturday. We had over a foot at our house. This was the biggest snow storm Albuquerque has ever had. Who knows when it will all melt because it is not supposed to warm up anytime soon. Skiing anyone?!

This is in the street outside our house.


We had a good New Year's Eve. We were pretty lazy in the morning - no church because of all the snow. We finished putting away all the Christmas stuff and got ready for company. We were planning a party to ring in the new year, but moved it up to late afternoon since the roads would be icy. We had 3 families from church come over. We had Dion's pizza and other goodies and played games. It was a lot of fun. Everyone left about 8:30. The boys really wanted to stay up till midnight. So we had a family Mario Party game (Nintendo Gamecube). Benjamin conked out by 10 PM, but the rest of us made it to midnight.

We haven't done much today. We watched the Rose Parade this morning. The boys loved the Star Wars floats! Greg has been watching football. I've been knitting. I did get lesson plans ready for tomorrow. Back to school!

As for my knitting. I finished the afghan I was working on for my dad in time for my mom to take it home to him. It turned out really nice and he loved it. (I forgot to take a picture.) I had made several felted purses for Christmas presents. I actually sold one to a friend's sister. And my mom took a couple extra's with her that she is going to try to sell for me. So I might make a few bucks with this knitting thing! I'm making a couple of smaller ones with my leftover yarn. I'll send those to my mom as well. We'll see what happens. I'm also working on a baby blanket for Greg's neice Tammy. Her baby boy, Owen, is due in February.

I'm anxious to move on to something new now. I want to try lace knitting and some different sock patterns. Fun, fun, fun!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over the snow! All we have had is rain and it is supposed to be in the 40's and 50's all week with more rain next Monday! We hope we have snow at some point. The boys got new sleds for Christmas and would love to use them! The pictures are great! Happy 2007 to you and yours!
Melody

 
Real Time Web Analytics