Friday, January 12, 2007

Successful Sweater!

Here's what I've been knitting this week. I started on the first sock. I just have a little more to go until the heel. But they are slow going on those tiny needles.


Then I started thinking I wanted to make a sweater next. If you remember, my first sweater did not turn out so well. It was way too big. But I've learned a lot since then and I'm ready to try again. So I started looking for patterns. I found a pattern on the internet to make a raglan sweater in the round with no seams to sew. I love knitting, but I hate sewing pieces together. Anyway, the pattern has a formula to make any size sweater in any weight yarn. So I thought, why not make a small one to see how it works and if I like it. So I took a walk to Jon and Ben's bedroom and found a bear in need of a sweater. I got some leftover yarn and set to work. I started this yesterday afternoon and finished it this morning. I did it! And it fits! Now I want to find some great yarn and make one to fit me!


No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics