Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I had a good birthday. Our date night was great. We had dinner at Red Lobster and even splurged on cheesecake for dessert! The symphony concert was great. I was inspired. Makes me want to keep practicing my violin! And let me just say thanks to our awesome baby sitter - Zachary!

So my actual birthday was Sunday, so of course we went to church. I led one of the worship songs and sang in a trio. Fun! The boys and I (Greg was at work) went to lunch with friends. My friend Denise got me a brownie and stuck a straw in it for a birthday cake! While the boys and I were at practice for our Easter production, Greg went and got me a Coldstone ice cream cake - mint chocolate chip - YUM!!!

My twin sister did not have such a great birthday. Her husband's grandfather passed away last Friday morning. So they were in Odessa, getting ready for a funeral. Sorry Renee. I love you!

I have another violin lesson today. I'm loving learning the violin. I lose track of time when I'm practicing and usually practice at least 45 minutes a day. I think I'm learning pretty quickly. I can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, but it's not very pretty yet! One of these days I'll post a video of me playing.

As for knitting, I haven't! Since I finished the afghan, I've been working on the crochet bags. I've got one left to do. They will be gifts for the workers at the project in the Domincan Republic (missions trip in April). But I've ordered yarn for my next knitting project. It's another sweater. You can see it here. The pattern will be a little challenging, but the only way to learn is to just jump in and do it! This one will be red. I'm using TLC Cotton Plus yarn. I'm anxious to get back to knitting.

Time for lunch and off to band and violin lesson!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrell and I went on a little getaway to Canton, Texas a few weekends ago. I brought back Madi a neat tool that helps teach crocheting. I don't know what it's called, but it makes cording. She's done a whole thing of yard! She wants to do more, but I have no idea how to help her!

 
Real Time Web Analytics