Thursday, December 04, 2008

16 days

We're leaving in 16 days. For only the 3rd time in 18 years we will not be home for Christmas. We are always home because Greg always has to work - planes still fly on Christmas day (he's an air traffic control manager). And actually Greg does still have to work this year, so we're leaving him! The boys and I are flying to Virginia to be with Greg's family. Yeah, the in-laws. But I have the best in-laws in the world! Greg will join us the day after Christmas.

I am just slightly panicked at all I need to get done in the next 2 weeks, but I'm taking it one day, one thing at a time. And if something doesn't actually matter, then I'm not stressing about it. Take decorating the house. I'm not doing it. My in-laws' house is already beautifully decorated and no one is going to be at my house anyway. Plus I don't want to have to un-decorate when I get home. So, we have snowman placemats in the kitchen and a wooden Santa on the fireplace and that's all.

For all those wondering if I'm still knitting. I am. I'm knitting 2 gifts that I can't discuss just in case the recipients see this.

I've also recently fallen in love again with digital scrapbooking. I had a few pages printed this week and love how they turned out. I can't wait to take tons of pictures in Virginia and scrapbook our trip when we get home.


Better go. I'm sure there's something else I should be doing!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

You'll have so much fun.

We stay home now for Christmas and leave the day after!

Anonymous said...

I really need to do some scrapping, I have TONS of pics that need to be done. :( Too busy these days!

The Wades said...

I keep hearing about digital scrapbooking. Maybe one of these days.

 
Real Time Web Analytics