Friday, December 17, 2010

Two finished blankets

These were both started in September and I was glad to get them finished!

This one I made for my friend Alyson whose mother recently passed away. Her mom had given me the yarn after she was diagnosed with cancer and knew she wouldn't be able to use it. I knew that I had to make something to give back to the family. It turned out to be a weird shape because of the way it was knit corner to corner, but I think it will be perfect for snuggling on the couch. I gave it to Alyson yesterday. She cried. She loved it!


This is the crochet-a-long afghan from the Bernat blog. I'm giving it to Zach for Christmas. It was not easy to finish - way to many squares to sew together! I love how the colors came together.

Now to finish some yellow socks I'm knitting for Jonathan for Christmas. I've finished one and started the second. It hasn't been easy because I can only work on them after he's gone to bed or when he's gone (which is rarely). At least I'll have one to wrap up!

Happy knitting!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love both blankets! I'm working on a skull cap for my son with frogs on it. He is going to love it!

 
Real Time Web Analytics