Monday, January 24, 2011

Will we ever get a girl?

I'm starting to wonder. We've been on the concurrent foster care list for 3 weeks now (and the adoptive list for 5 months) and still no calls. I really thought we would have had a placement by now. I know it will happen, but it sure is hard not knowing WHEN it will happen.

We had a training class last Saturday on Trauma and what it does to kids. The bottom line is that any child in CYFD custody has experienced some kind of trauma and we need to be prepared for all that that can entail. It won't be easy.

Some days I think, "Why are we doing this?" It's hard enough raising the boys we already have. I have to remind myself that we are doing this because this is what God has called us to do. He will give us the strength to handle whatever comes.

So, we'll keep waiting.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will happen, in God's timing!! It's just just awesome that you all are doing this!
MR

The Wades said...

What an attitude, my friend. YOu guys are so awesome to trust God like you are.

Lynette hamby said...

Robin, I've been following your "adventure" with placement. My prayers are with you. I do all the evaluations for kids in CYFD who are under three. It is a challenge, but there are so many great things to help these kids, so just know that when it happens, and it will, that not only will God provide for you and your family, but there are loads of resources and research that can support you. Love ya, Lynette Hamby (from the Dominican Rebublic trip)

 
Real Time Web Analytics