Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter and a blanket

Easter weekend didn't go quite like we had planned, but we managed to make the most of it. Greg was sick and the weather of course was awful. Benjamin and Jonathan (reffing) had soccer games Saturday afternoon. I thought the weather would be ok, but by the time we got to the field the wind was howling and dirt was blowing. Yuck! Greg and I ended up staying in the car with the girls until they finished.

Then it was home to get ready for church. It wasn't very warm, but we dressed up the girls in their new dresses and I put on a skirt (first time since last summer I think!). We did manage to get some cute pictures (that I can't post here).

We went to Chick-fil-A for dinner and to see Zachary. He had to work and wasn't able to go to church with us.

Everyone got Easter goodies (baskets for the girls) Sunday morning. More cute pictures I can't post here. Zachary ran sound for the kids services (4 services!) all morning. Jonathan and I served in the preschool ministry for 2 services.

We were supposed to have a picnic Sunday afternoon with some of the families in our small group. But once again the weather did not cooperate. So instead J and I went to Walgreens for cough syrup for Greg (he's still sick) and Domino's for pizza for dinner.

At some point over the weekend, I finished the baby blanket I had started before the girls came.

It's for a friend due next month. I was just glad I finished it before the baby was born. Now I'm working on another baby blanket for another friend due next month also. I'm pretty sure I won't finish this one in time!

1 comment:

Kristal said...

Sorry that your Easter weekend wasn't so great. We had lots of rain too and went to an egg hunt in lots of mud and puddles. But we had sunshine... until Sunday than nothing but rain.

Hope Greg is better and LOVE the blanket!

 
Real Time Web Analytics