Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Charity Knitting

I belong to an online knitting group at Knittinghelp.com. Through that group I just participated in a baby blanket knit-along. One person started it and sent it to the next person on the list, and so on. Each person only has to knit a few inches. I was the last knitter for this one so I finished it up and will send it back to the lady who started it. She donates the blankets to a local children's hospital. Here's a pic of the completed blanket. It's small, but it's just meant to be something for the child to hold and keep with them. It was a pleasure to knit knowing it will give comfort to a sick child.
I also finished up the baby blanket I've been working on. I can't post a pic yet because the recipient might read this. She has to wait for her baby shower to see it! I've started yet another baby blanket for another friend. I'm doing this one in the log cabin pattern (like the dishcloth I did). It is going to be so pretty.

My bunco went great. I was going to take some pics, but I forgot all about the camera once everyone arrived. I just served sandwiches and potato salad. For dessert we had root beer floats and buffalo chip cookies! Yum! The prizes were Boyd's teddy bears I got back in December in Pigeon Forge, TN. There was a huge Boyd's Bears store going out of business. So I hit the jackpot. Everyone loved their teddy bears.

Zachary got home from camp Friday night. He had a good time. I'm glad to have him home.

No comments:

 
Real Time Web Analytics