Monday, October 25, 2010

Knitting update

I finished the socks.


These are now on their way to my friend's brother and will be part of his display at WWII reenactments. It was kind of cool thinking of all the socks women back then knit for soldiers from the same pattern I was knitting from.

And these little hats are on their way to my friend Kristen. Next week these little hats will be on their way to Africa with Kristen's sister and mom. Soon these little hats will be warming the heads of some newborns in a maternity home in Ethiopia. Knitting doesn't get much better than that.

And in other news...

Everyone is healthy!


1 comment:

SheKnits said...

Amen sister! Knitting to help others out is what it is all about!! Love those WWII socks! And those women didn't have a yarn store to go buy yarn ready to knit with. They had to spin it themselves!! Wow. I can't even imagine spinning it myself. You did an awesome job.

 
Real Time Web Analytics