Monday, September 10, 2012

Stitches

It was bound to happen eventually, but I never thought it would be because of hair accessories!  The boys have all had broken arms, but never stitches.  Emily now has 5.  She was sitting right next to me Saturday morning when she fell off the arm of the recliner and bumped her head on the wall.  She didn't fall that hard and I picked her up right away to console her. Then I noticed blood dripping everywhere.  She fell at such an angle that the barrette (metal alligator clip) she was wearing sliced open her head.  It bled a lot, but not for that long.  I called Greg in to look at it and he said we'd better take her in.  Sure enough, it needed stitches.  The poor thing screamed her head off during the procedure, but I think it was more from having to be restrained (they rolled her up in a sheet) than anything.  She's fine now and it's healing well.  She'll get the stitches out on Friday.  That should be fun.  Keeping that girl still is not an easy task!  And the stitches are the same color as her hair, so they are hard to see.

Here she is right after the nurse cleaned her up.  The bandage was to keep pressure on the cut and keep her hair out of it.  She promptly pulled it off.

And the infamous barrette.
Never a dull moment around here!

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Oh my goodness... my toes curled at the thought of this... poor girl!

Anonymous said...

Bless her little heart! :( She looks so sweet.
MR

 
Real Time Web Analytics