Thursday, July 21, 2011


The TPR trial continued again yesterday. Greg attended in the morning and I attended in the afternoon. It still didn't finish. The last witness (Dad) is on the stand and then there will be closing arguments and the judge's decision. We're waiting now to see what date it will finish, maybe August 1. It's really not looking like his rights will be terminated. The state's case is pretty weak and he's been doing everything he's been asked to do. I'm really not sure why she hasn't already been placed with him.

I haven't really gotten a straight answer about what will happen if his rights are not terminated. J's GAL (attorney) mentioned a three month transition. Our biggest concern is school. We are really praying that the trial will finish before she starts Kindergarten about August 22. If she will be moving in with him within the next couple of months, we think it would be best if she started school in his district so she won't have to change schools. It will mean a lot of driving for us, but the transition will be hard enough as it is. At least should wouldn't have to worry about changing schools too.

If by some chance his rights are terminated, everyone is sure he will appeal which could add several months to a year or more to the case. And now there is also a brother (much older) that the state might look at for adopting.

I'm really not hopeful at all that we will ever adopt her. Part of me is hoping that the judge does not terminate. At least then, she could move on with her life instead of being in foster care for another year or two. It will be a huge transition for her, but she is a resilient child and I hope and pray that she will do ok.

I'm having a really hard time emotionally dealing with all of this. I'm literally sick to my stomach and on the verge of tears today thinking about her leaving and what she'll go through if she does. I think I'll do better once we have the judges decision and a plan for her.

Please keep us all in your prayers.


Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you Robin, I know how hard it is to let go of these kiddos and these difficult situations and give it all to the only One Who sees the whole picture.


Anonymous said...

Whatever the decision may be, God has his hand on her. If she goes back with her dad you have can have the hope and peace that you and Greg and the boys have planted seeds in her life that will never turn void.
I will be praying for you. Love you guys!

Kristal said...

Praying for you Robin - love what the person above said, you have planted seeds that God will grow...

Real Time Web Analytics